We focus on air quality and greenhouse gas issues including:
- Issue specific scientific research, data analysis and data interpretation covering criteria pollutants, hazardous air pollutants and greenhouse gases
- Publication of peer-reviewed research in scientific journals
- Regulatory advocacy to ensure that the best science is included in the regulatory process
- Technical evaluation and comments on proposed state or federal regulations
- Technical evaluation and comments on state and federal air quality models, emission inventories, and emission tools
- Impact assessment of emerging regulatory issues
- Guidance on the development of advocacy strategies
- Facilitation of collaborations between industry, trade organizations and academic researchers
Our modeling capabilities include:
- Custom models of emissions, costs and regulatory impacts designed for your industry. We build national models down to the source level in order to evaluate both emissions and costs of different regulatory scenarios.
- High temporal frequency emission modeling that can be used to evaluate expected variability in emissions under normal operating conditions. These models are particularly useful for comparing short term measurements with longer term inventories, and evaluating whether high emission events are due to malfunctions or routine episodic emissions.
- Near-field dispersion modeling. Global or regional chemical transport modeling.